A new online poetry magazine exploring the themes of spirituality.
Art work by Hannah Hull
Ever experienced a profound moment in your life? It doesn’t necessarily have to be religious, but it does need to touch something transcendent, something bigger than the little self. Send in poems that touch the heart and move the soul. The more individual and personal the experience, the more unique it is, the more universal its appeal.
Make sure your poems are grounded in something tangible, bring metaphors alive. Let the reader touch the edges of the unknown. It might be a profound moment in your life, a realisation, a moment of great import or something that uplifted your soul, or touched your heart deeply.
It might have roots in earth religions or Native American rituals. It might be inspired by prayer. It could be a moment experienced as deep reverence of nature / architecture / music / art. It could be an empathic moment that transcends time / space / generations / societies / cultures.
- Send 1-4 poems, no longer than 40 lines each.
- Deadline 5th November.
- Please paste all poems into the body of the email.
- Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Biog in the third person of no more than 75 words.
- A short paragraph saying what inspired the poem(s).
- Send to asabovesobelow714 [at] gmail [dot] com